Tithe map of Whittle (township in the parish of Ovingham), Northumberland. Shows field...
This is available to download from TheGenealogist
Partner websites are free to search but there may be a charge to view full transcriptions and download documents. Other services may also be available.
More ways to view this record
Tithe map of Whittle (township in the parish of Ovingham), Northumberland. Shows field names, field acreages, woods, waterbodies. Colouring used. Scale: 1 inch to 8 chains. One of a number of maps made for Greenwich Hospital estates and engraved by J Walker
|Note:||[Grid references: OSGB36: NZ 078 657; WGS84: 54.98576, -1.87810]. WGS84 interpolated from OSGB36.|
Tithe file: IR 18/7295
Tithe apportionment: IR 29/25/476
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
|Closure status:||Open Document, Open Description|
Roger J P Kain and Richard R Oliver, The Tithe Maps of England and Wales (Cambridge, 1995).
Context of this recordBrowse by Reference
- IR - Records of the Boards of Stamps, Taxes, Excise, Stamps and Taxes, and Inland Revenue
- Division within IR - Records of the Tithe Commissioners and Successors
- IR 30 - Tithe Commission and Successors: Tithe Maps
- Subseries within IR 30 - NORTHUMBERLAND
- IR 30/25/476 - Tithe map of Whittle (township in the parish of Ovingham), Northumberland. Shows field names, field acreages, woods, waterbodies. Colouring used....