War Office: Mulberry Harbour: Photographs
|Title:||War Office: Mulberry Harbour: Photographs|
A miscellaneous collection of 1,388 photographs of the Mulberry Harbour in various stages of construction and while being towed across the Channel.
|Date:||No date [1944?]|
The original piece numbers (1-1388) have been retained only as sub-numbers to maintain the order of the photographs in the two boxes which comprise the series.
For related papers see pieces 377-382 and 947-957 in:
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Former reference in its original department:||War Office, 1855-1964|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
|Physical description:||2 photograph(s)|
|Unpublished finding aids:||
Most of the photographs bear a B, BU or H reference number on the reverse. The Imperial War Museum has descriptive catalogues corresponding to these references, and will supply copies from their collection of negatives.
|Administrative / biographical background:||
Mulberry Harbour was the artificial harbour which was prefabricated in Britain, towed across the English Channel and assembled off the Normandy coast to provide port facilities in support of the Allied Forces invading Europe in June 1944.