FIJI 6. Photographs depicting life in the Fiji Islands from the early 1950s and one photograph from Malaya.
1) 'Entrance to Broadcasting House, Suva'.
2) 'Fijian boys in the laboratory of the new Queen Victoria School, Matavatucou'.
3) 'Men of the 1st Battalion, Fiji Infantry Regiment, interrogating a surrendered communist terrorist in Malaya'.
4) 'Young Fiji-born Indian women in Suva'.
5) [Assistant Medical Practitioners and Fijian nursing students in the operating theatre of a hospital].
6) 'Official opening of Mrthodist Centenary Church, Suva'.
7) 'Fiji-West Indies cricket match at Albert Park, Suva'.
8) 'Industrial building on reclaimed land, Walu Bay, Suva'.
9) 'Santa Gertrudis Bull introduced to Fiji by the Agricultural Department'. Photograph description is crossed out.
10) 'Schoolchildren being examined by a Fijian Assistant Medical Practitioner in the anti-Yaws campaign'. Photograph description is crossed out.
11) 'Aircraft of international lines and Fiji Airways at Nadi Airport'.
12) 'Unveiling of the Cross of Sacrifice, Suva Military Cemetery'.
13) 'The Commander, Fiji Military Forces, inaugurating construction of Head Quarters of received Fiji Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve'.
14) 'Rare Fijian ceremony of Vaka-Tara-I-Sulu (end of mourning for a high chief) performed at Lakeba, Lau'. Part of photograph description is crossed out. 'The roll of coconut sinnet is wrapped in bark cloth and whales' teeth'.
15) 'The Governor installing Ratu George Cakobau as Rak Tui Nadraga and Navosa'.
16) 'Aircraft of Fiji Airways at Taveuni Airport'.
17) 'A domestic science group in a model Fijian bure (house) at Adi Cakobau School'.
18) 'Interior of the Fiji Museum, Suva'.
19) 'Ratu Sir Lala Sukuna at 80th anniversary of Signing of Deed of Cession'.
20) 'Fijian pupils of adi Cakobau Girls' School'.
21) 'Indian school girls recording a play, Broadcatsing House, Suva'.