Philip by the grace of God, king of the French, to his beloved and loyal agents...
Ordering and viewing options
- Download size approximately 2.5 MB
More ways to view this record
Philip by the grace of God, king of the French, to his beloved and loyal agents appointed at the Roman Court, greetings and favour. We command you that you ask the Supreme Pontiff to consider with favour our beloved William le Wallace of Scotland, knight, with regard to those things which concern him that he has to expedite.
Dated at Pierrefonds on the Monday after the feast of All Saints.
[Endorsed]: 4th letter of the King of France. This item extracted to EXT 11/163 and is on loan to the National Records of Scotland until 1 December 2014
|Date:|| Nov 7|
This item extracted to
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
|Closure status:||Open Document, Open Description|
|Restriction on use:||This document is on loan to the National Records of Scotland until 31 December 2016.|
|Access conditions:||Open Immediately|
|Publication note:||Facsimiles of National Manuscripts of Scotland, Ordnance Survey (1867-71), II, lxxv; Calendar of Documents relating to Scotland, ed. J. Bain (Edinburgh, 1861-88), II, no.1184|
Context of this recordBrowse by Reference
- SC - Records of various departments, arranged artificially according to type, and formerly entitled Special Collections
- SC 1 - Special Collections: Ancient Correspondence of the Chancery and the Exchequer
- SC 1/30 - Content described at item level.
- SC 1/30/81 - Philip by the grace of God, king of the French, to his beloved and loyal agents...