Colonial Office Honours List, Birthday 1936: List by country of honours and names. Lists of suggested names, and accepted names:
Order of St Michael and St George, for KCMG:
- Sir Selwyn Macgregor Grier, CMG; Governor, Windward Islands.
- David Henry Elias, Esq, MC; General Manager, Federated Malay States.
- Harold Hignell, Esq; Colonial Administrative Service (CAS), Senior Provincial Commissioner, Tanganyika Territory.
- Harold James Huxham, Esq; CAS, Financial Secretary, Ceylon.
- William Joseph Johnson, Esq, OBE; Treasurer, Palestine.
- Lieutenant Colonel Morice Challoner Lake, Political Secretary, Aden.
- George Ernest London, Esq; CAS, Colonial Secretary, Gold Coast.
- Arthur Innes Mayhew, Esq, CIE; Joint Secretary and Member of the Advisory Committee on Education in the Colonies.
- Henry Harold Scott, MD, FRCP; Director of the Bureau of Hygiene and Tropical Diseases.
- Edwin Taylor, Esq; Treasurer, Hong Kong.
- Hugh Robert E E Welby, Esq; CAS, Provincial Commissioner, First Grade, Kenya.
Imperial Service Order (ISO):
- Frank Edward Balmer, Esq; lately Chief Accountant, Posts and Telegrams Department, Kenya, Uganda and Tanganyika Territory.
- Evan Browne Bynoe, Esq; Provost Marshal and Sergeant at Arms, Barbados.
- Pedro St Matthew Daniel, Esq; lately Senior Registrar, Judicial Department, Nigeria.
- Moor Mohamed Hashim bin Mohamed Dali; lately Assistant Economic and Education Officer, Cooperative Department, Federated Malay States.
- Beverley Burnley Littlepage, Esq; lately Postmaster General, Trinidad.
- Melvin Warren B Wright, Esq; lately Office Assistant, Public Works Department, Sierra Leone.
For Knight Bachelor:
- John Bagnall, Esq; Straits Settlements.
- Panayiotis Loizou Cacoyannis, Esq; Cyprus.
- Lieutenant Colonel John Calderwood Strathearn, CBE; Warden and Chief Surgeon of the St John of Jerusalem Ophthalmic Hospital. Jerusalem and Honorary Consulting Ophthalmic Surgeon to the Government of Palestine.
- Edmund Oswald Teale, Esq, DSc, FGS, M Inst MM. Mining Consultant to the Government of the Tanganyika Territory.
- Arthur Frederick Clarence Webber, Esq; Colonial Legal Service, Chief Justice, Sierra Leone.
Order of the British Empire (Military Division), for CBE:
- Lieutenant Colonel Percy John Parsons, ED; Officer Commanding, Ceylon Garrison Artillery.
(Military Division), for OBE:
- Major (local Lieutenant Colonel) Charles Vere Bennett; Officer Commanding, Somaliland Camel Corps, King's African Rifles.
- Captain William Tysoe, DSO, MC; Northern Rhodesia Regiment.
(Military Division), for MBE:
- Lieutenant Douglas Foster Grierson; Perak Battalion, Federated Malay States.
- Lieutenant (local Captain) Walter Robert Haymes; Pay and Quartermaster, Somaliland Camel Corps, King's African Rifles.
- Captain Seng Tee tan; Company Commander, Malacca Volunteer Corps, Straits Settlements Volunteer Force.
(Civil Division), for CBE:
- George Preston Bradney, Esq; lately Auditor for the Straits Settlements and the Federated Malay States.
- Bertie Harry M Easter, Esq, MBE, BA; Director of Education, Jamaica.
- John Campbell Fisher, Esq, OBE; Deputy Director of Colonial Audit.
- Sidney Howard Grantham, Esq; Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Nigeria.
- Philip Douglas Oakley, Esq, MRCS, LRCP; Colonial Medical Service, Director of Medical and Sanitary Services, Sierra Leone.
- Evan David Reynolds, Esq; Uganda Protectorate.
(Civil Division), for Honorary CBE:
- Meir Dizengoff, Esq, OBE; Palestine.
- Usumanu, Emir of Gwandu, Nigeria.
(Civil Division), for OBE:
- Nana Ayirebi Acquah III, Omanhene of Wnneba, Gold Coast.
- Eldred Curwen Braithwaite, Esq, MB, FRCS; Colonial Medical Service, Specialist, Nigeria.
- Geoffrey Fletcher Clay, Esq, MC, BSc; Colonial Agricultural Service, Deputy Director of Agriculture, Uganda Protectorate.
- Major John Cormack Craig, DSO, M Inst CE; Director of Public Works, British Guiana.
- Major Joseph Turner Dew, MBE, VD; Leeward Islands.
- Major Hammettt Holland B Edwards, MRCVS; Colonial Veterinary Service, deputy Director of Animal Husbandry and Chief Veterinary Officer, Kenya.
- Wilfred Jerome Farrell, Esq, MC, MA; Deputy Director of Education, Palestine.
- Professor Robert Vistor Galea, Rector of Malta University.
- Professor John Lewis Gatt, Director of Public Works, Malta.
- Ernest Wilfred Head, Esq; lately General Manager of the Government Railway, Ceylon.
- John Rooke Johnston, Esq; CAS, District Officer, Tanganyika Territory.
- Frank Harold Lowe, Esq; Northern Rhodesia.
- George Henry Masson, Esq, MD, FRCP; Medical Officer of Health, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
- Horace Walter Raper, Esq; Straits Settlements.
- William Johnson Thornhill, Esq, M Inst CE; lately Director of Public Works, Ceylon.
- Charles Gordon Timms, Esq, MC, LRCP; Colonial Medical Service, Medical Officer, Somaliland Protectorate.
- Gilbert Cochrane Wainwright, Esq; Jamaica.
- Wilfrid Wise, Esq, BSc, AMICE, Director of Public Works, Fiji.
(Civil Division), for Honorary OBE:
- Tewfik Bey Sinnu; President of the Court of Appeal, Trans-Jordan.
- The Reverend Mother Tarcisius; for services to Education in the Straits Settlements.
(Civil Division), for MBE:
- Ahmed Alhadi, Esq; Sierra Leone.
- Miss Ruth Alice Bugot; Uganda Protectorate.
- Manser William Bartlett, Esq; Nyasaland Protectorate.
- Miss Henriette Bauman, Kenya.
- Miss Emma Melicent P Branch; Leeward Islands.
- Arthur Theodore Culwick, Esq; Tanganyika Territory.
- Quirino Bonifacio de Freitas, Esq, MRCS, LRCP; British Guiana.
- Mrs Hilda Fowke, DSc. Ceylon.
- Miss Jane Ingham Frith; Bermuda.
- Eugene Gregoire, Esq; Mauritius.
- Ernest Charles Harvey, Esq; Palestine.
- Miss Dorothy Charles Hutson, Barbados.
- Robert Jones, Esq; Oyo Province, Nigeria.
- Arthur James Keevill, Esq, MB; Tanganyika Territory.
- Gerald Percival Keuneman, Esq; Ceylon.
- Mrs Laura Hermione Longden; Uganda Protectorate.
- Miss Elizabeth McMurtrie; Kenya
- David McMillan McNair, Esq; Gold Coast.
- Robert Key Masson, Esq; British Honduras.
- Arthur Podmore Oakes, Esq, MM; Somaliland Protectorate.
- Samuel Herbert Pearse, Esq; Nigeria.
- William George Peasley, Esq; Palestine.
- Miss Kathleen Wanlass Storrier; Nigeria.
- Frank Edward Toms, Esq; Tanganyika Territory.
- John Frederick G Troughton, Esq; Kenya.
- Thomas George Westall, Esq; Windward Islands.
For Honorary MBE:
- The Reverend father Auguste Brochard, Windward Islands.
- Joao Franscisco L Gracias, Esq; Kenya and Uganda.
- Hilmi Saleh Bey Husseine, Palestine.
- The Very Reverend Father James John M Minderop; Uganda Protectorate.
- Haj Nimr Effendi Sabia; Palestine.
- Avinoam Yellin, Esq, MA; Palestine.