These 25" Ordnance Survey maps are reproductions of the Second Edition of 1905-1906, with the exception of Sheets 111.13 and V.16 which are reproductions of the 1928 Edition. They are all stamped with a note that they were reproduced with the sanction of H.M.S.O. by Norfolk County Council in 1947, this date having been amended in pencil or ink to 20 Nov. 1950.
These maps record the Second World War coastal defence works as they existed in 1950. For instance at Ongarhill Marsh (Sheet XX11.13) there were gun batteries, a searchlight station, observation tower and pillbox. At Holme next Sea and Thornham (Sheet 1.14) there were block-houses partly hidden in sand, earth embankments, a dump of petrol tins, tubular scaffolding, rubble and a wooden hut lying on its side. There were the remains of two armoured fighting vehicles at Titchwell (Sheet 1.16). A note relating to Brancaster Golf Course (Sheet 11.13) states, 'These 5 defence works are apparently assisting accretion, and approval to their retention by the Golf Club was granted on 5.1.50
Working round the coast from Ongarhill Marsh (near King's Lynn) to Holkham, the maps are C/P11/1-15