With the exceptions of annual accounts and financial statements, published material and the minutes of the Council, its committees and sub-committees, documents comprising or containing any item less than thirty years old will not normally be produced without the written authority of the East Hertfordshire District Council (2 The Causeway, Bishop's Stortford, Herts CM23 2EJ, telephone Bishop's Stortford 55261)
The Rural District was formed in 1935 by combining Hadham Rural District (see RDC 6) with most of Buntingford Rural District (see RDC 4). It consisted of the following civil parishes: Albury, Anstey, Ardeley, Aspenden, Braughing, Broadfield (combined with Cottered in 1954), Buckland, Buntingford (from 1937), Cottered (incorporating Broadfield and Throcking from 1954), Much Hadham, Little Hadham, Great Hormead, Little Hormead (the two Hormeads were combined in 1937), High Wych, Layston (to 1937), Meesden, Brent Pelham, Furneux Pelham, Stocking Pelham, Thorley, Throcking (combined with Cottered in 1954), Westmill, Wyddial. Under the Local Government Act 1972, the Rural District became part of the new District of East Hertfordshire.
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know