BLACKFRIARS PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT
This record is held by Lambeth Archives
|Title:||BLACKFRIARS PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT|
|Date:||1975 - 1985|
|Held by:||Lambeth Archives, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||22 files|
|Immediate source of acquisition:||
Depositor: Blackfriars Photography Project
Date: July 1994
|Administrative / biographical background:||
The Blackfriars Photography Project was a project initiated by the Blackfriars Settlement; originally founded in 1887 as the Women's University Settlement, it was one of the earliest participants in the Settlement movement and was based off Blackfriars Road, Southwark.
The photography project was involved in recording political events and community activities in Southwark and North Lambeth. The project closed in July 1994 as a result of losing its funding. The photographic archives were divided between Southwark Local Studies Library and Lambeth Archives on a geographical basis.
Copyright in individual photographs remains with the photographer where these are named. Copyright in photographs with no photographer's details is transferred to Lambeth Archives.