Correspondence to the Rt. Rev. and later Most Rev. John McIntyre, Rector of the English College, Rome, Auxiliary Bishop of Birmingham and later Archbishop of Birmingham
Educated at Sedgley Park, Douay, Olton and the English College, Rome, he served at Colwich, Staffordshire and then alternatively at Oscott and Olton until 1912; between 1898 and 1912 he was the Vice-Rector at Oscott College. In the summer of 1912 he was consecrated Bishop of Lamus and Auxiliary of Birmingham. The following year he was appointed Rector of the English College, Rome despite the protests of Archbishop Ilsley, an office he filled until 1917. In the summer of 1917 on his return from Rome he was appointed Archbishop of Oxyrynchus and Auxiliary of Birmingham. Finally in 1921 he was consecrated Archbishop of Birmingham, an office he served until ill-health forced him to resign in the autumn of 1928. He was then made Archbishop of Odessa. He died in November 1934.