Birkenhead and Wirral Invalid Children's Association, Cheshire
Immediate source of acquisition:
Administrative / biographical background:
Formed in May 1920, having previously been a branch of the Liverpool Invalid Children's Association. Its objectives were to "care for the crippled, invalid, and delicate children of the town", and this was done by helping to provide surgical equipment, etc., at local hospitals; by financing beds at convalescent homes; and by employing its own trained staff of physiotherapists. The Association was supported by subscription and fund-raising activities. It was dissolved in Nov. 1965. Records deposited in September 1986 by Mr. D. Edmunds of Manningtree, Essex, via the University of Liverpool Archives, Arts Reading Room, Bedford Street South, Liverpool.