RECORDS OF THE LITTLE BOLTON IMPROVEMENT TRUSTEES
This record is held by Bolton Archives and Local Studies Service
|Title:||RECORDS OF THE LITTLE BOLTON IMPROVEMENT TRUSTEES|
TLB/1. Trustees' Minute Books.
TLB/2. Committee Minute Books.
TLB/3. Registers of Trustees.
TLB/4. Financial Records.
TLB/5. Notice Books.
|Held by:||Bolton Archives and Local Studies Service, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||6 Series|
|Administrative / biographical background:||
The first Trustees Police Commisioners for the Township of Little Bolton were nominated in the Bolton Enclosure and Improvement Act of 1792 32 George III ch.lxxi. They were responsible for "the widening, paving, lighting, watching, cleansing, and regulating the Streets, Lanes, Passages, and Places... and for supplying...Water, and for providing...Fire Engines,and Firemen, and for removing and preventing Nuisances, Incroachments and Annoyances, and for licensing and regulating Hackney Coaches and Chairs.."
The Little Bolton Improvement Act of 1830 converted the Trustees into an elected Corporation; all male ratepayers, being occupiers of premises in the Township, and having attained the age of twenty-one years,qualified to vote. 11 George IV ch.xlvi
Under the Bolton Improvement Act of 1850 14 Victoria ch.40, the powers of the Trustees were vested in Bolton Corporation
|Link to NRA Record:|