League of Friends of Grove Park Hospital, 1958 - 1989
Immediate source of acquisition:
The following items were received from Mrs Smuts, per Mr King.
Date of accession:1994
Accession number: A94/7
Grove Park Hospital, Lewisham, Greater London
Administrative / biographical background:
The League of Friends was founded to support the work of Grove Park Hospital. It existed from 1958 until the hospital closed in 1989. Its chief sources of income were the proceeds from fund raising events and donations. Expenditure went on equipment, furniture and social activities for the hospital residents.