G. F. LODDER AND SONS, SOLICITORS, OF HENLEY-IN-ARDEN
Miscellaneous papers from the Henley-in-Arden offices of G.F. Lodder and Sons, comprising maps and plans, copies of inclosure awards, railway, turnpike and canal papers and deeds relating to Aston Cantlow, Beaudesert, Henley-in-Arden, Oldberrow, Packwood, Preston Bagot, Soilhull, Tanworth and Ullenhall in Warwickshire, and King's Norton, Worcestershire
DR 269: Records of the firm of G.F. Lodder and Sons, 1813-1951
G F Lodder and Sons, Solicitors, Henley-In-Arden, Warwickshire
Administrative / biographical background:
The firm of Lea and Couchman was established in Henley in Arden from the late eighteenth century, but by 1841 had been replaced by that of E. L. Gibbs and Thomas Barnes Couchman, subsequently Couchman and Sons. The firm continued under this name until at least 1892, but by 1900 had become Couchman and Christophers, with the partnership of Theodore Christophers. Soon after this George Frederick Lodder joined the firm which in the 1904 directory appears as Couchman, Christophers and Lodder. By 1916 it was Christophers and Lodder, although Theodore Christophers had died by 1912. At some date between 1924 and 1932 the firm became G.F Lodder & Co (subsequently Sons), under which name it still functions.