George G Laidler Ltd, 1823-1976, painters and decorators
Immediate source of acquisition:
Accession 776, 781
Administrative / biographical background:
Founded in 1823 by William Laidler in Collingwood Street, Newcastle, the firm moved to Newgate Street, then Northumberland Street in 1874, by which time George G Laidler, William's son had taken over the business. There was a further move to Manor Chare in the mid 1950s, then to Back Shields Road in the early 1960s. The firm closed in 1976.