Incoporated Company of Barber Surgeons, Wax and Tallow Chandlers and Periwig Makers, Newcastle
Immediate source of acquisition:
Administrative / biographical background:
The Incorporated Company of Barber Surgeons together with the Wax and Tallow Chandlers was formed on 10 October 1442 with a Ordinary dating from that date. Meetings were held in a variety of places. Their old meeting hall was leased out in 1834 to Newcastle School of Medicine and Surgery and in 1850 - 51 was demolished to make way for the North Eastern Railway Company. A new meeting hall was then built in Victoria Street.