Young Men's Christian Association (Birkenhead Branch), Merseyside
Immediate source of acquisition:
Administrative / biographical background:
The Young Men's Christian Associaion was founded by George Williams in June 1844. A hostel had been established at 42 Conway Street, Birkenhead by 1877. this was superseded in c.1891 by a purpose-built hostel in Grange Road, which was in turn replaced by a new building in Whetstone Lane in 1936/37. Records were deposited by the Warden, Mr Larmour, in July 1990.