Clifford Partridge and H.G.A. Ross Wilson formed an engineering business in 1926 on Loughborough Road, Leicester. In the early years the principal products were radios. The firm moved to premises on Evington Valley Road in 1930 and started producing battery chargers, by this date the number of staff had increased from 2 to 7 and by 1945 numbers had increased to 500. Production of Electric Vehicles started in 1934 and finished in 1954. In the summer of 1986 Partridge Wilson Engineering Company closed down in Leicester and moved in with Westinghouse Devonset Rectrifiers Ltd., Chippenham.