Includes Infants' Department log books 1931-1981, admission register 1983-1988; Junior Mixed Department punishment book 1933-1977; Senior Girls Department and Flinton High School admission registers 1931-1969, summary of reports and leaving certificates 1933-1970; Junior High School log book 1970-1980, admission register 1969-1980 Unspecified school library accessions register 1956-1978
SL145/1-3 relate to Flinton Grove Infants School and Flinton Primary School. SL145/4 relates to Flinton Grove Junior Mixed School. Sl145/5-11 relate to Flinton Grove Senior Girls School and Flinton High School. SL145/12-13 relate to Flinton Junior High. SL145/14-15 are unspecified.
Opened for Infants, Juniors and Mixed Seniors in huts in 1928. Permanent buildings were opened in 1931, but the temporary premises also continued to be used for Infants and Juniors until destroyed during the Second World War. Also, in 1931 the Senior Mixed Department was closed and was replaced by a Senior Girls' School which became Flinton High School in 1945. The Junior and Infants departments becames separate schools after 1945. At reorganisation in 1969, Flintion Grove Infants School became Flintion Primary School, Flinton High School closed and a new Junior High School for girls was opened. In 1980 Flinton Junior High and Southcoates Junior High (SL146) amalgamated to form the mixed Foredyke Junior High School (SL147).
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know