deposited in the Record Office on indefinite loan in July 1993 by the Gospel Standard Library per Huntingdon Record Office
Administrative / biographical background:
The Ebenezer Strict Baptist Chapel was established in 1773. It was situated on the junction of the North Road and Hertingfordbury Road. However, when the Hertford Relief Road was built a new chapel was erected on the opposite side of North Road and the old one pulled down to make way for the road.