The property owned by the Pearce family is described in 2 land tax redemption certificates, the first in 1798 (D/QC 1) describing property as: house and 240 a. of land, house and 20 a. both in Idstone tithing, also house and 140 a. in Ashbury as beneficial lease from Magdalen College, Oxford; the second in 1812 (D/QC 2) describing property as messuage and 44 a. in Idstone and Bourton townships. The "late" Thomas Pearce is mentioned in the first certificate of 1798, but his address is not specified. Subsequent title deeds mention Francis Joseph Pearce of Oxford University, son and heir of Francis Joseph Pearce sen. of Hatford; Mrs. Mary Ann Pearce of 12 Beaumont Street, Oxford in her will (copy) dated 1854 (D/QC 5) and Thomas Pearce vicar of Morden, Dorset, who conveyed the property to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in 1875 (D/QC 14). The marriage certificate (copy) of Thomas Pearce dated 1852 is also included (D/QC 11).
In a release and confirmation of 1841 (D/QC 3) the Pearce property is described as: Ragnall Farm and Idstone Farm; the will of Mrs. M. A. Pearce specifies Ragnall Farm, Ashbury Farm, Great and Little College Ground (held from Magdalen College), Idstone Farm, and closes called Lower North's Ground, 2 meadows called Common Meadow and Hays Meadow, and waste land (39 p.) adjoining, which were part of land received in an exchange of land with the Earl of Craven. The papers include a map of Idstone Farm (see Map Catalogue, Ashbury) and the closes of meadow (part of Ragnall Farm) all in Ashbury dated 1863 (D/QC 6).