THESE RECORDS ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR RESEARCH
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the vicar, December 1976 and April 1994
Administrative / biographical background:
The district chapelry of St. Bartholomew, Montpelier, was created out of St.James' parish by Order in Council 30 April 1861. An Act of Parliament 1892 P/St.BM/PR/1, authorised the sale of church, schools and vicarage house to provide for a new church in parish of St.Andrew, Montpelier. The old church which was by this time almost completely surrounded by the Fry factory, was demolished 1894, and a new church consecrated at St.Andrew's Park 10 May 1894. The two parishes were united by Order in Council 22 March 1956.