Edward Richmond Newbigin, shipowner, founded a shipping company some time between 1894 and 1915. This company was incorporated as E.R. Newbigin Ltd on 19 December 1918. Its headquarters were at Mansion House Chambers, The Close, Newcastle. In 1975 the Company was wound up.
The Newbigin Steam Shipping Company Ltd shared the same founder and headquarters, but seems to have been a separate company.