The main records begin in 1824-1827 following its acquisition by the Fellows family, but BR 36/76-8 are of a slightly earlier date.
The bulk of the records were received by the Norfolk Record Office on the 9th of April 1975. Nos. 2-5, 10, 16, 19, 24-26, 28 were deposited with the Yarmouth Borough Library by the Norfolk Nautical Research Society in 1959 and subsequently transferred to the Yarmouth Borough Archives and then to the Record Office. Nos. 1 and 15 were deposited by the Norfolk Nautical Research Society with the Yarmouth Borough Archives in August 1969 and subsequently transferred to Record Office. No. 14 was deposited anonymously with the Yarmouth Borough Archives in March 1966 and subsequently transferred to the Record Office.
1819 - 1965
The Lucas and Wyllys deposit (Y/D10/462-472) includes Fellows partnership deeds 1856-70 and leasehold deeds of the shipyard 1827-1841.