Catalogue description PARISH OF SALEHURST

This record is held by East Sussex Record Office

Details of PAR477
Reference: PAR477
Title: PARISH OF SALEHURST
Description:

Summary of Contents:

 

INCUMBENT

 

PAR477/1/1 Early Registers; 1575-1812

 

1/2 Baptism registers; 1813-1984

 

1/3 Marriage registers; 1813-1991

 

1/4 Banns registers; 1826-1974

 

1/5 Burial registers; 1813-1911

 

1/6 Confirmation records; 1902-1974

 

2 Copies of registers; 1822-1956

 

3 Service registers ; 1896-1962

 

4 Buildings; 1835-1965

 

5 Institutions, inductions, licences; 1867-1910

 

6 Income of the benefice; 1649-1965

 

7 Other records; 1630-1994

 

CHURCHWARDENS

 

8 Rates; 1725-1903

 

9 Accounts; 1812-1905

 

10 Property; 1812-1905

 

11 Other documents; 1913-1914

 

VESTRY

 

12 Minutes; 1821-1926

 

PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL

 

14 Minutes; 1916-1936

 

15 Accounts; 1922-1962

 

STATUTORY DEPOSITS

 

21 Tithe records; 1889-1936

 

CHARITY

 

24 Dawes', Pearce', Doreen's, Munn's and Freeland's charites; 1901-1946

 

SCHOOLS

 

25 Robertsbridge Charity School (Salehurst National School from 1834); 1796-1951

 

OTHER RECORDS

 

26 Oither records; 1838-1967

 

CONSTABLES

 

28 Rates and accounts; 1783-1866

 

OVERSEERS

 

30 Rates; 1663-1886

 

31 Accounts; 1816-1882

 

32/1 Settlement certificates; 1680-1766

 

32/2 Removal orders from parish; 1698-1835

 

32/3 Removal orders to parish; 1710-1864

 

32/4 Settlement examinations; 1734-1864

 

33 Apprenticeship; 1670-1737

 

34/1 Bastardy maintenance orders; 1777-1840

 

34/2 Warrants to arrest putative fathers; 1776-1820

 

34/3 Bastardy examinations; 1779-1809

 

34/4 Bastardy account book; 1824-1836

 

35 Other settlement records; 1703-1864

 

36 Militia; 1780

 

37 Other records; 1680-1884

 

38 Post-1834 records; 1836-1887

 

SURVEYORS

 

39 Rates; 1842-1879

 

40 Accounts; 1866-1882

Date: 1575-1994
Related material:

For a booklet on the Revd Clarence Ward and his incumbency at Salehurst, see John Abecasis-Phillips 'Memories III: Tales from the Vicarage' (available in search room)

Held by: East Sussex Record Office, not available at The National Archives
Language: English
Creator:

Church of England, Salehurst Parish, East Sussex

Immediate source of acquisition:

Deposited by the incumbent and PCC, 21 June 1978 (ACC 2264), 25 August 1994 (ACC 6437)

Subjects:
  • Salehurst, East Sussex
  • Religious institutions
Link to NRA Record:

Have you found an error with this catalogue description?

Help with your research