The records have been divided into five main sections
* Administration [LMA/4054/A] which contains the council minutes starting from 1909, Annual General meetings, Press and Literary Committee, Finance Committee and Attendance Registers. There is also a short series of subject files which cover subjects ranging from sketching and painting in war time to members copyright and tax issues.
* Finance [LMA/4054/B]. This section consists of Financial statements and account books from 1949
* Correspondence [LMA/4054/C] both to and from the League
* Members Records [LMA/4054/D]. Individual members files relating to issues of copyright, export of art works, and includes some examples of artists work.
* Printed material/Ephemera [LMA/4054/E] contains copies of the Artists' League of Great Britain Newsletter, information leaflets and advice on copyright as well as newspaper cuttings 1939-1940 on aspects of art during the war and an illustrated 1914 dinner invitation to The Imperial Arts League.