Acc 747 (part), 887 (part), 1032 (part), 1345 (part), 2011 part and 2628 (part)
Sunderland, County Durham
Administrative / biographical background:
Appears to derive from the Zion Street New Connexion Chapel, built in 1808 and reconstructed on the same site in 1845. The Zion Society at a later date also appears to have operated from Westbury Street and then in 1894 relocated to Chester Road. Until 1907 remained as New Connexion, and then joined the United Methodists possibly as part of MC/Su8. Later in Sunderland West Circuit (MC/Su6).
Closed in 1948, when congregation merged with Cleveland Road Methodist (see C.Su16)