ST PAULINUS, CRAYFORD
This record is held by Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre
|Title:||ST PAULINUS, CRAYFORD|
PARISH RECORDS - Registers & administrative records
|Date:||1558 - 1988|
|Held by:||Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||383 Files|
The parish records of St Paulinus, Crayford, were first deposited with Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre by Mr E A Barnett in 1977. Further records were transferred from the Kent Archives Office in November 1985, where they had been deposited by the Incumbent and the Crayford Urban District Council in 1961. Others were deposited by the Crayford Parochial Church Council in March 1986 and February 1998.
|Administrative / biographical background:||
St Paulinus, Crayford is one of the six ancient churches lying within the London Borough of Bexley. The Local Government Act 1894 transferred the civil functions of Crayford Parish Council.
The growth of the town's population during the First World War led to the conversion of the Parish Council into Crayford Urban District Council. The same developments inspired the building of two daughter churches to St Paulinus. St Augustine's, Slade Green, established in 1900, became a Parish in its own right in 1925. All Saints, Barnes Cray, established in 1918, closed in 1942.
|Link to NRA Record:|