Kings College London Biochemistry Department
This record is held by King's College London: Liddell Hart Centre for Military Archives
|Title:||Kings College London Biochemistry Department|
The records of the Biochemistry Department at King's College London comprise minutes, correspondence, research notes, off-prints of journal articles and photographs, 1967-1994. These include minutes of committees of the Faculty of Life Sciences, School of Life, Basic Medical and Health Sciences, and Institute for Molecular Cell Biology, 1979-1991; correspondence and research reports of PhD students, 1967-1991; correspondence relating to project grant applications, academic and technology audits and staff promotion and training, 1984-1991; general correspondence concerning the Faculty of Life Sciences, 1985-1987; papers by research students of Professor Michael Scrutton, 1989; experimental research notes on cell membranes, 1994; material relating to The biomedical journal, including notes for contributors and publicity, 1985-1993; bound volumes of journal publications by departmental staff, 1972-1983; off-prints of articles by Professor Michael Scrutton, King's College London, 1980-1992; publications on laboratory safety and on departmental strategy, 1981-1988; photographs of students and staff including some joint honours and medical students, 1967-1988.
King's College London: Biochemistry departmental student records (Ref: KCLCA KDBCH/ER, KDBCH/PH, KDBCH/F); secretarial series (Ref: KCLCA KAS/AC2); examination question papers (Ref: KCLCA K/EPH).
|Held by:||King's College London: Liddell Hart Centre for Military Archives, not available at The National Archives|
|Restrictions on use:||
Copies, subject to the condition of the original, may be supplied for research use only. Requests to publish original material should be submitted to the Director of Archive Services.
Research considered on its merits
|Immediate source of acquisition:||
King's College London Biochemistry Department and Professor Michael Scrutton.
|Unpublished finding aids:||
Summary guide entry on-line and due to be published in hard copy. A hand list is available in hard copy in the College Archives reading room.
|Administrative / biographical background:||
Biochemistry formed part of the Department of Physiology, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry and Histology in the Faculty of Medicine from 1925. This changed its name to the Department of Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology in 1937. Biochemistry became a discreet department in 1958 and was incorporated into the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences in King's College School of Medicine and Dentistry in 1983, the Faculty of Science in 1985, the Faculty of Life Sciences, 1986, and the School of Life, Basic Medical and Health Sciences in 1989. It now forms part of the Division of Life Sciences within the School of Health and Life Sciences.