BEDFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
This record is held by Bedfordshire Archives & Records Service
|Title:||BEDFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL|
CCA 1-903 County Council Agreements: miscellany of leases, agreements, licenses, contracts etc both affecting and not affecting real estate.
CCA 904-943 Agreements and (Statutory) Transfers not directly involving real estate to which BCC is party (excepting those agreements which fall into the CC/HA and CC/PA categorizations; and building/highway contracts - see CC/CO)
CCA 1959/1-420 Highway Agreements as CC/HA. CLASS CLOSED 1/1/92 and replaced by CC/HA.
CCAA 1-583 Contracts and Agreements mainly involving building/highway work (originally C.C. Architects Agreements) CLASS CLOSED 1/1/92 and replaced by CC/OO
CCAT Architects' Terriers of B.C.C. estate
CCB Bye-laws (from 1893)
CCC Correspondence (1889-1969)
CC/CO Contracts involving building/highway and bridge construction, repair or maintenance to which B.C.C. is a party. CLASS CREATED 1/1/92 replacing CCAA
CC/CPO Compulsory Purchase Orders
CCD Proceedings (from 1890)
CCDC District Council Agenda papers (from 1973/4) (RECATALOGUED AS DCNR, DCMR, DCSR and DCLR)
CCE County Council (Freehold) Estate: documents of title for real estate owned (irrespective of mode of acquisition) by B.C.C. (including highway dedication agreements), q.v. also CC/CO, CC/HA, CC/PA and Hi/E for papers relating to highway owned by B.C.C.). Includes, where relevant, documents re purchase and subsequent additions to the title e.g. sale of part, leases and licences granted whilst owner (i.e. as lessor/licensor) etc. (See also PoE 1-265 and SH 1-532 for the County Council's documents of title to real estate in Bedfordshire; and RTB and PR/He and 4 (see below under CCY) for documents of title held as mortgagee).
CCE(M) County Council Estate held as Mortgagee: documents of title for real estate mortgaged to B.C.C. (except land sold by B.C.C. to staff and subsequently (second) charge, q.v. C.C.E.; and land mortgaged in pursuance of loans under the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970 q.v. CCV56).
CCE/SB School Board Estate: documents of title for real estate owned by School Boards in Bedfordshire.
CCE(X) Deeds held by BCC arising from external Officers and Members commitments
CCG General Minute Books of all Committees (1889-1921)
CC/HA Highway Agreements entered into by B.C.C. pursuant to s.40 of the Highway Act 1959 and s.38 of the Highway Act 1980 and any subsequent documentation relating to the same.
CLASS CREATED 1.1.92 replacing CCA 1959 (see above).
CC/HAD Highway Agreements entered into by District authorities alone pursuant etc. to Sections of the Highway Acts as in CC/HA/
2. Sandy Urban District Council
CC/HS Health & Safety (files)
CC.IB County Council Information Bulletins
CC/JCC Bedford County and Luton Borough Joint Consultative Committee
CCL Letterbooks (1889-1941)
CC/LE County Council (Leasehold) Estate: documents of title for real estate leased by/to B.C.C. (as lessee) or to which B.C.C. has granted rights as licensee.
Includes easements and other third party rights specifically benefitting B.C.C.
NEW CLASS CREATED 1/1/92 to accommodate documents formerly catalogued within the miscellaneous CCA (1-903) class.
Note: for Agreements entered into under s.278 of the Highway Act 1980 (most of which includes Agreements also involving the Town and Country Planning Act) see CC/PA
CCM Minutes (1889-1974)
CCN Newspaper cutting books (1889-1944)
CCO O Bound volumes of C.C. Orders (1894-1971) CCO 1/1-170
CCO 1/1-170 Unsealed Orders
CCO 2/1-462 Sealed Orders (1924-1988)
Note: In 1990 it was decided to catalogue all future deposited Orders relating to the Creation, Diversion and Extinguishment of Rights of Way under Lei/RW and all future deposited Orders relating to Road Traffic Regulation under Hi.O. Consequently, since only two Orders (viz. CCO2/220 and 318) since CCO2/209 (c.1970) had related to anything else, CCO2 was closed.
CCP Papers (1889-1974)
CC/PA Planning Agreements entered into by B.C.C. pursuant to s.52 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971 and s.106 of the TCPA 1990 and related legislation (excludes Agreements added to existing documents of title for land owned by B.C.C. (i.e. CCE) where relevant); including s.278 (Highway Act) agreements to dedicate land as public highway most of which include Agreements also involving the Town and Country Planning Act.
CC/PH Archives of the County Council Photographic Unit
1. The County Handbook (later Bedfordshire County Guide)
2. Bedfordshire Profile magazine
3. Digest of Policies and Practices
5. Strategic plans for the County
6. Annual Reports (and Statements of Accounts)
7. Bedfordshire Briefing
8. Beds on..Monday
9. 'Update' - Newsletter for BCC employees
10. Staff Bullein (1969-1976)
CCR Reports referred to in the minutes (1890-1940)
CCS Schemes under Acts of Parliament
CC/SE County Council Supernnuation Estate: documents of title for real estate acquired by B.C.C. Superannuation Fund
CC/TC New Bedfordshire Transition Committee
CC/TS Trust Status (as a Corporation)
CCV Varia (including...)
5. Local Government Acts, Standing Orders & General Instructions, Delegations to Committees etc
8. Registers of Documents available for public inspection
11. Royal Commissions on Local Government
15. Luton Airport Consultative Committee: agenda papers and minutes
16. Internal telephone directories and house guides
31. Loyal addresses
32. Photographs and etchings of County notalilities
41. Riot Damage Compensation Claims
56. Documents of title held by B.C.C. as Mortgagee having loaned money in pursuance of the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970 (Building Aids and Adaptations etc).
57. Opening of the new County Hall, 1970
63. Record of documents sealed
66. B.C.C. Press Notices (Public Relations Officer)
90. Public Suggestions Scheme (1975-1980)
96. County Council establishment
97. County Council Job Descriptions
103. County Council centenary, 1989
104. Duplicate 'time capsule' (March 1989)
CC/WP 1. Selet Panel on the Review of Local Government
2. Local Government Review Joint Member Working Group
3. Working Group on Electoral Arrangements
4. Select Panel on the Budget Strategy
5. Select Panel on the Role of Members
6. Working Party on Strategy and Budget Review
7. Voluntary Redundancy Panel (formerly the Early Retirement/Redundancy Panel)
8. New Bedfordshire Transition Advisory Group
9. New Luton Transition Advisory Group
CCX Civil Actions, Arbitrations, etc.
See the County Council legal documents Cataloguing Policy Statement of 10 Dec 1991 for more detail on the estate deeds, contracts etc.
Other B.C.C. deeds classes (see Cataloguing Policy Statement in Staff Handbook for further details as to the relationships of these classes to those given above).
(PoE 1-265) Documents of title relating to freehold estate owned by the Police Authority
PoE/LE Policy Authority (Leasehold) Estate: documents of title for real estate leased by/to Beds. Police Authority (as lessee) or to which the Authority has granted rights as a licensee
(PR/H2 and 4) Documents of title held by B.C.C. as Mortgagee having loaned money to staff for purchase of houses (H2) and house improvements (H4)
(RTB) Documents of title held by B.C.C. in connection with transfers under the 'Right-to-buy' provisions in the Housing Act 1980
(SH 1-532) Documents of title for real estate owned (irrespective of (formerly 'Smallholdings') Estate. Includes, where relevant, documents re purchase and subsequent additions to the title e.g. sale of part, leases and licences granted whilst owner (i.e. lessor/licensor etc.)
|Held by:||Bedfordshire Archives & Records Service, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||20 sub-fonds|
|Link to NRA Record:|