THESE RECORDS ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR RESEARCH
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the churchwardens, 12 February 1981
Administrative / biographical background:
The parish of St. Matthias, formerly The Weir District, was created out of St. Paul, St.Peter and St.Philip and St.Jacob in 1846. It was united with St.Jude in 1937, with St.Jude to be the parish church and St. Matthias to be demolished. The church was closed on the 24th June 1940.