Cullen, William Henry, fl 1909, outfitter, of Stourbridge, Worcestershire
Immediate source of acquisition:
Acc. Nos. 7169, 9036, 9456, 9850
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Administrative / biographical background:
William Henry Cullen began business in Stourbridge and then moved to Taunton. In 1909 he came to Suffolk to take over the business of Turner & Co at nos. 4 and 5, Butter Market, Bury St. Edmunds. No. 6 was incorporated in about 1917. The business was continued by W.H. Cullen's son William Henry Pearson Cullen and then by the latter's son Henry Albert Cullen until 1982. A second shop was opened in Diss in 1958 and ceased trading in 1990.