Catalogue description PARISH OF NEWHAVEN

This record is held by East Sussex Record Office

Details of PAR426
Reference: PAR426
Title: PARISH OF NEWHAVEN
Description:

The church was shared with Newhaven Methodist Church from 1970, and the congregation was united in 1996.

 

Contents:

 

INCUMBENT

 

PAR426/1/1 Pre-1812 registers; 1553-1877

 

PAR426/1/2 Baptism registers; 1813-1971

 

PAR426/1/3 Marriage registers; 1813-1994

 

PAR426/1/4 Banns registers; 1877-1981

 

PAR426/1/5 Burial registers; 1813-1915

 

PAR426/1/6 Confirmation registers; 1937-1974

 

PAR426/1/7 Blessing of infants registers; 1968-1974

 

PAR426/2 Copies of registers

 

PAR426/3 Service registers; 1885-1972

 

PAR426/4 Buildings; 1928-1983

 

PAR426/5 Licences; 1840-1961

 

PAR426/6 Income of the benefice; 1877-1960

 

PAR426/7 Other records; 1826-2004

 

CHURCHWARDENS

 

PAR426/8 Rates; 1817-1852

 

PAR426/9 Accounts; 1780-1925

 

PAR426/10 Property; 1793-1980

 

PAR426/11 Other records; 1843

 

VESTRY

 

PAR426/12 Minutes; 1800-1974

 

PAR426/13 Other records; 1819-1854

 

PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL

 

PAR426/14 Minutes; 1920-1973

 

PAR426/15 Accounts; 1910-1980

 

PAR426/16 Other records; 1936-1968

 

STATUTORY DEPOSITS

 

PAR426/21 Tithe records; 1899-1934

 

CHARITY

 

PAR426/24 Dean's charity; 1882-1937

 

SCHOOLS

 

PAR426/25 Newhaven National School and Sunday school; 1843-1934

 

OVERSEERS OF THE POOR

 

PAR426/30 Rates; 1819-1934

 

PAR426/31 Accounts; 1791-1835

 

PAR426/32/1 Indemnity bonds and certificates; 1699-1813

 

PAR426/32/2 Removal orders from parish; 1735-1830

 

PAR426/32/3 Removal orders to parish; 1757-1827

 

PAR426/32/4 Settlement examinations; 1785-1829

 

PAR426/32/5 Other settlement records; 1786-1829

 

PAR426/33 Apprenticeship; 1699-1825

 

PAR426/34/1 Bastardy examinations; 1809

 

PAR426/34/2 Warrants to arrest putative fathers ; 1779-1823

 

PAR426/34/3 Bonds; 1738-1810

 

PAR426/34/4 Maintenance orders; 1787-1827

 

PAR426/36 Militia; 1795-1808

 

PAR426/37 Other records; 1781-1829

 

SURVEYORS OF THE HIGHWAY

 

PAR426/40 Accounts; 1803-1856

Date: 1553-2004
Held by: East Sussex Record Office, not available at The National Archives
Language: English
Creator:

Church of England, Newhaven St Michael Parish, East Sussex

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited by Incumbent and PCC March 1959 (ACC 566), 20 January 1975 (ACC 1819), 30 April 1985 (ACC 4447), 5 September 1986 (ACC 4714), 24 December 1991 (ACC 5819), 3 May 1993 (ACC 6072), 28 February 1994 (ACC 6243), 21 October 1994 (ACC 6501), 5 March 1996 (ACC 6806), 17 December 1997 (ACC 7616), 23 August 2000 (ACC 8200), 13 August 2001 (ACC 8403), 28 May 2002 (ACC 8585), and 11 March 2003 (ACC 8754)

Subjects:
  • Newhaven, East Sussex
  • Religious institutions
Link to NRA Record:

Have you found an error with this catalogue description?

Help with your research