Clyde Crane and Engineering Company Limited, ? - 1937
Immediate source of acquisition:
Accession 2505, 2949, 3228
Administrative / biographical background:
Clyde Crane and Engineering Company Limited was early in its history owned by Clarke Chapman and Company Limited. However, in 1937 it was sold to form a new Company, Clyde Crane and Booth Limited. This Company acquired Cowans Sheldon and Company Limited in 1961 [see DS/CC1/295/1-3], but was again taken over by Clarke Chapman in 1968, forming the nucleus of the new Crane and Bridge Division.