1870-1983 ED 185 Board of Education and successors: School History Sheets
School history sheets of the Board of Education and successors.
A sheet was provided to each school for completion with the school name, location, status and size of the school, and the sex and the age range of the pupils: the date of establishment was also required, and the date range of the pieces in the series reflects this date. In the case of a voluntary school (usually a church school), information on ownership of the premises could also be noted additionally. Particulars of statutory proposals involving the school, or of building projects on its premises, were commonly included, and often other details of the school or its organisation.
A few Welsh schools are included.Details
- ED 186 . Department of Education and Science: Primary School History Files Details
- ED 187 . Department of Education and Science: Secondary School History Files Details
- ED 190 1944-1966 Ministry of Education: Schools Branch: Precedent Folders Details
- ED 207 1966-1989 Department of Education and Science: Schools I Branch: Registered Files (S Series) Details
- ED 269 1967-1994 Department of Education and Science: Schools Branch II, Special Education: Registered Files (SS Series) Details
- ED 278 1988-1999 Department for Education and Employment: Grant Maintained Schools: Database Details
- ED 282 1974-1989 Department of Education and Science: Schools Branches: Committee Records Details