c1509-c1649 E 318 Commissioners for the Sale of Crown Lands: Particulars for Grants
Particulars for the sale of Crown lands, much of which property came to the Crown at the time of the dissolution of the religious houses and chantries.
These original particulars were produced by the auditors of the Court of Augmentations up to 1554, and by the Auditors of the Land Revenue thereafter, in response to a warrant from Commissioners for the Sale of Crown Lands. A prospective purchaser of Crown land would return with the auditor's signed particular and have it rated by the commissioners. The details of the rated particular would then form the basis for the warrant authorising the issue of letters patent.
The particulars are of importance because they were usually prepared for the actual purchaser of the land, rather than an agent who was often named as grantee on the letters patent. The particulars describe the nature of the property, its value, the purchase price, and any restrictions surrounding the sale.
Other documents include valuations of woods and advowsons. There are also a few particulars of 1628 for the jointure of Queen Henrietta Maria, which include land of the Duchy of Lancaster.Details
- E 319 1548-1564 Court of Augmentations: Particulars for Grants to Schools etc Details
- E 320 1649-1660 Trustees for Crown Lands and Fee Farm Rents: Particulars for Sale of Estates of Charles I Details
- E 321 c1509-c1558 Court of Augmentations and Court of General Surveyors: Legal Proceedings Details
- E 322 1518-1552 Court of Augmentations: Surrenders of Monasteries and Other Religious Institutions Details
- E 323 1536-1554 Court of Augmentations: Treasurers' Accounts Details
- E 324 1531-1636 Court of Augmentations, and Exchequer, Augmentation Office: Warrants and Indentures for the Delivery of Records Details
- E 325 1507-1676 Court of Augmentations and successors: Accounts of Sales of Woods Details
- E 326 c1200-1592 Exchequer: Augmentation Office: Ancient Deeds, Series B Details
- E 327 c1100-1543 Exchequer: Augmentation Office: Ancient Deeds, Series BX Details
- E 328 1225-1667 Exchequer: Augmentation Office: Ancient Deeds, Series BB Details
- E 329 1148-1560 Exchequer: Augmentation Office: Ancient Deeds, Series BS Details
- E 330 1548-1803 Exchequer: Augmentation Office: Modern Deeds, Series B Details
- Subseries within E 318 SERIES 1 Details
- Subseries within E 318 MISCELLANEOUS Details
- Subseries within E 318 SERIES 3 Details
- E 318/56 Description available at other catalogue level Details
- E 318/57 Description available at other catalogue level Details
- E 318/58 Grant to John, Duke of Northumberland and Jane his wife of the manor and hundred of West Coker and manors of Wyndyates (Wingates), Blackford, North…  Details