Board of Trade: Companies Registration Office: Files of Joint Stock Companies Registered under the 1844 and 1856 Acts
This series contains the files of all Joint Stock Companies which were registered under the Act of 1844 and dissolved before 1856, and of those re-registered under the 1856 Act.
The files are likely to include some or all of the following:
- name, purpose and address of the business;
- names of the company's promoters and their solicitors;
- a prospectus;
- details of capital, issue and allocation of shares and balance sheets.
BT 41/1-781 comprise a general file sub-series and are listed in alphabetical order by company title.
BT 41/782-926 are for a railway sub-series and are listed in alphabetical order.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- BT Records of the Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies
- Records of the Companies Registration Office
- BT 41 Board of Trade: Companies Registration Office: Files of Joint Stock Companies Registered...