Registry of Friendly Societies: Amendments to Friendly Societies, Rules etc.
Rules, amendments to rules, annual returns and various statutory documents of: (a) Societies, other than Orders and Branches, registered under the Friendly Societies Acts before 1876 and removed from the Register before 31 December 1964 and (b) a sample of Societies Registered during 1885, 1895, 1905, 1913, 1926, 1936 and 1944 which had been removed from the Register before 31 January 1951.
The list is arranged in accordance with the subsections of Section 8 of the Friendly Societies Act, 1896 in the following order:-
- Friendly Societies and miscellaneous societies not included below,
- Cattle Insurance Societies,
- Benevolent Societies,
- Working Men's Clubs,
- Specially Authorised Societies.
The list is arranged alphabetically in chronological series as indicated below; Dates between which the Societies were removed from the register
- 1913 Jan 1-1929 Dec 31; 1-865.
- 1930 Jan 1-1939 Dec 31; 866-1140.
- 1940 Jan 1-1949 Dec 31; 1141-1350.
- 1950 Jan 1-1964 Dec 31; 1351-1976.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- FS Records created or inherited by the Registry of Friendly Societies
- Records relating to the Regulation of Friendly Societies
- FS 15 Registry of Friendly Societies: Amendments to Friendly Societies, Rules etc.