General records of the War Office and predecessors and successor
General records of the War Office and predecessors and successors relating to various aspects of its duties for the administration of the armed forces.
- Correspondence and papers of the Secretary-at-War, WO 1, WO 40 and WO 43
- Registered correspondence, WO 32, WO 43 and WO 141
- Indexes to correspondence, WO 139 and WO 900
- Correspondence and papers relating to the First World War, WO 161
- Entry books of out-letters, WO 4 with indexes in WO 2
- Other entry books, WO 25, WO 26 and WO 30
- Out-letters of the Secretary of State for War and Secretary of State for War and the Colonies, WO 6
- Various departmental out-letters, WO 7
- Personal files, WO 138
- Civilian personal files, WO 335
- Printed reports and papers including hand books and manuals in WO 33, WO 279 and WO 287
- Maps and plans, WO 78
- War diaries of War Office directorates for the Second World War, WO 165
- Minutes of directors' meetings, 1906 to 1913, WO 242
- Establishment papers, WO 24
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have tagged this record with...
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)