Records relating to Pleas
Records of pleas held in the Court of Common Pleas relate to both legal process, and to the recording of court proceedings. These include:
- plea rolls from 1273 in CP 40: these do not include pleas relating to land from 1583 to 1838;
- affidavits in CP 3
- declarations and consent rules in ejectment in CP 18 and CP 46;
- essoin rolls, in CP 21;
- examinations of witnesses in CP 22;
- 'Rex' rolls in CP 23;
- entry books of nisi prius in CP 36;
- rememembrance books and rolls in CP 44 and CP 45 respectively;
- miscellaneous books in CP 47;
- warrants of attorney to confess judgment in CP 48;
- writ files of various kinds relating to pleas in CP 51, CP 52, CP 54, CP 57, CP 62 and CP 63;
- prothonotoraries docket rolls in CP 60;
- entry books of judgements in CP 64;
- posteas files, in CP 41 and CP 42;
- docket books of posteas and inquiries in CP 66 and CP 67;
- and final judgement docket books from posteas and inquiries in CP 68.
Supreme Court of Judicature, Common Pleas Division, 1875-1880
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have tagged this record with...
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)