Ministry of Education and Department of Education and Science: HM Inspectorate: Reports on Special Education Establishments
Reports of HM Inspectorate on special education establishments providing schooling for children with hearing or visual impairment or other physical handicap, and also for children with more general learning difficulties.
Also included are more general reports and surveys relating to special education in particular areas.
- The names of these schools indicate the type of pupil for whom they cater, either directly or by the use of one or more of the following abbreviations:
- DEL- Delicate
- EP- Epileptic
- ESN- Educationally sub-normal
- MAL- Maladjusted
- PD- Physically defective
- PH- Physically handicapped
- PS- Partially sighted
By the counties and county boroughs of England and Wales, the sequence repeating for four successive periods, viz 1948-1950, 1951-1955, 1956-1960 and 1961-1965.
Department of Education and Science, HM Inspectorate (Wales), 1964-1973
Department of Education and Science, HM Inspectorate of Schools (England), 1973-1992
Department of Education and Science, HM Inspectorate of Schools (Wales), 1973-1992
Ministry of Education, Inspectorate (England), 1944-1964
Ministry of Education, Inspectorate (Wales), 1944-1964
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- ED Records created or inherited by the Department of Education and Science, and of related...
- Records of the Inspectorate
- ED 195 Ministry of Education and Department of Education and Science: HM Inspectorate: Reports...