Chancery: Rolls Chapel Office, Enrolment Office and predecessors: Original Calendars and Indexes to the Close Rolls
Indexes and calendars to the close rolls (C 54), compiled when the close rolls themselves were compiled, or made (in most cases) soon afterwards.
The series is made up of seven different types of index:
- Rolls Chapel Office series (1204-1848), the means of reference to grantees on the close rolls;
- Enrolment Office series (1574-1902), the means of reference to grantors;
- lists of indentures and recognizances (1701-1842);
- indexes to recognizances (1872-1882);
- deeds enrolled for safe custody (1689-1824);
- Enrolment Office: specifications of patents of invention (1617-1866);
- indexes to memorials of annuities and rent charges (1777-1814).
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- C Records created, acquired, and inherited by Chancery, and also of the Wardrobe, Royal...
- Records of the Enrolment Office
- C 275 Chancery: Rolls Chapel Office, Enrolment Office and predecessors: Original Calendars and...