Office of the Commissioners of Bankrupts and successors: Registers of Documents Filed in Bankruptcy Proceedings
This series contains registers to documents filed in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
They often give summary particulars concerning bankrupts, creditors, insolvent debtors, the sums involved and the nature of associated deeds. Sometimes the outcome of an action or result of a petition is indicated.
Types of records included are:
- certificates of conformity (1733-1856)
- declarations of insolvency (1825-1925)
- impounded commission of bankruptcy (1777-1832)
- arrangement proceedings (liquidation petitions) (1870-1884)
- bankrupts, London and Country (1870-1883)
- binding register (1873-1874)
- docket books, London, Country, and County Courts (1849-1869)
- fiats (1832-1849)
- petitions of several sorts (1813-1886)
- trust, composition and inspectorship deeds (1861-1870)
- proposal cases (1848-1862) sub-assignments by provisional assignees (1813-1827)
Chronological order, mainly under the head of the type of document or transaction registered.
Court of Bankruptcy, 1831-1869
High Court of Justice in Bankruptcy, 1883-
London Court of Bankruptcy, 1869-1873
Office of the Commissioners of Bankrupts, 1571-1832
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- B Records of the Office of the Commissioners of Bankrupts, the successor bankruptcy...
- B 6 Office of the Commissioners of Bankrupts and successors: Registers of Documents Filed in...