Air Ministry and successors: Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment: Reports and Notes
Reports, and notes of a technical nature, on various tests carried out on aircraft, their armament and equipment, including acceptance tests.
The reports in this series, which commence in 1924, consist of the following groups:
- Report prefix ATO/A, B,...; created by the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment at Boscombe Down when under Ministry of Aircraft Production control
- Report prefix M A & A E E; reports with prefix 'M' created by A & A E E at Martlesham Heath when under Air Ministry control and continued by those prefixed 'A & A E E' following the move to Boscombe Down in 1939. Reports from 1940 to 1946 created when under Ministry of Aircraft Production control; those from 1946 when under Ministry of Supply Control.
- Report prefix F; created at Martlesham Heath when under Air Ministry control. From 1948 reports formerly held in the Admiralty Centre for Scientific Information and Liaison (ASCIL), the Naval Scientific and Technical Information Centre (NASTIC) and the Defence Research Information Centre have been added to this series.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- AVIA Records created or inherited by the Ministry of Aviation and successors, the Air...
- Records of the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment
- AVIA 18 Air Ministry and successors: Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment: Reports...