Air Ministry and Ministry of Aircraft Production: Miscellaneous Unregistered Papers
The papers in this series, although taken from Ministry of Aircraft Production unregistered sources, include groups of pre-War material originally raised under the auspices of the Air Ministry. They also include files relating to:
- administrative matters
- contracts and finance
- industry and labour
- production and supply
- armaments and bombs
- radar and radio
- research and development, including that on engines
- missions and visits, including the British Technical (Tizard) Mission to North America 1940 to 1941
- the Air Supply Board
- the Aircraft Supply Council
- the Air Council Committee on Supply
- the 'Dam Busters' raid
Also included are the papers of Sir Wilfrid Freeman and Sir Robert Watson-Watt, and the development of radar devices at the Air Ministry Research Station at Bawdsey in Suffolk.
AVIA 10/1-368 are arranged in subject order; pieces 369 onwards are arranged in numerical order.
Ministry of Aircraft Production, 1940-1945
from 1967 Ministry of Aviation
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- AVIA Records created or inherited by the Ministry of Aviation and successors, the Air...
- General records relating to aircraft research, development, production and civil aviation
- AVIA 10 Air Ministry and Ministry of Aircraft Production: Miscellaneous Unregistered Papers