War Office: Judge Advocate General's Office, Military Deputy's Department: War Crimes, Europe, Card Indexes, Second World War
This series consists of card indexes of the Judge Advocate General's Office, Military Deputy's Department relating to war crimes in Europe during Second World War. The indexes were compiled c1944 to 1948.
The series comprises six card indexes:
- an accused index (alphabetical);
- a witness index (alphabetical);
- a dead victims index (alphabetical);
- a placenames index (alphabetical);
- a numerical index of camps; and
- a numerical index to the Judge Advocate General, Military Deputy FS files.
All the indexes carry FS references (with or without prefix) which refer to files in WO 311. The numerical index in pieces 23 and 24 contains those cards from which the Director of Army Legal Services (DALS) compiled its MD/JAG inventory, on which, in turn, the WO 311 list is based.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- WO Records created or inherited by the War Office, Armed Forces, Judge Advocate General,...
- Records of the Judge Advocate General
- WO 353 War Office: Judge Advocate General's Office, Military Deputy's Department: War Crimes,...