War Office: British Expeditionary Force, France: War Diaries, Second World War
This series consists of daily records of events, reports on operations, intelligence summaries, etc, of formation or headquarters, divisional, regimental and other unit commanders of the British Expeditionary Force in France from September 1939 to June 1940.
Public access to this series was previously restricted in that readers were required to sign an undertaking note not to disclose information of a personal nature. As from 1995, all pieces in this series are no longer subject to this undertaking and are open without restriction.
The order of arrangement is:
- i) General headquarters, lines of communication, corps, divisions and brigades.
- ii) Units of the Royal Armoured Corps, Royal Artillery, Infantry, Royal Engineers, etc.
- iii) Units of Commonwealth troops and special forces
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have tagged this record with...
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- WO Records created or inherited by the War Office, Armed Forces, Judge Advocate General,...
- Records of the Armed Forces from commands, headquarters, regiments and corps
- WO 167 War Office: British Expeditionary Force, France: War Diaries, Second World War