Public Record Office: Transcripts from Spanish Archives, Series I
The records in this series are transcripts from Simancas, Madrid, Barcelona and elsewhere in Spain and were assembled by Gustav Bergenroth and Don Pascual de Gayangos. They deal exclusively with the documents relating to English affairs preserved in Spanish archives.
The transcripts are arranged as follows:-
- G Bergenroth:
- Transcripts to Calendar (Vols I and II and Supplementary Volume of 1868) PRO 31/11/2-7
- Uncalendared transcripts with some abstracts and extracts, mostly in English PRO 31/11/8
- Key to ciphers PRO 31/11/11 (part)
- Miscellaneous translations, those in PRO 31/11/13 relating to the divorce of Henry VIII and Katherine of Aragon PRO 31/11/13-14
- Don Pascual de Gayangos:
- Transcripts to Calendar (Volumes III to VII) PRO 31/11/9-11
- Miscellaneous transcripts, notes, translations, etc made in connection with the Spanish Calendar PRO 31/11/12
In the mid-19th century the Treasury authorised the preparation and publication by the Public Record Office (PRO) of calendars of state papers, and of documents in foreign archives relating to English history.
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- PRO Domestic Records of the Public Record Office, Gifts, Deposits, Notes and Transcripts
- Transcripts of Records and Scholars' Notes
- PRO 31/11 Public Record Office: Transcripts from Spanish Archives, Series I