Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Departments, and related bodies: Various Awards and Orders
This series comprises various awards and orders made under the Enclosure Acts, the Land Clauses Consolidation Act 1845, the Commonable Rights Compensation Act 1882 and the Copyhold Act 1854.
They include boundary awards (which supplement the enclosure awards), orders amending enclosure awards, and orders and awards dealing with applications for the appointment, investment and disposal of compensation moneys.
Abbreviations used in the listing of these documents are:
- B.A. = 'Boundary Award'
- C.M.A.A. = 'Compensation Money (Apportionment) Award'
- C.M.A.O. = 'Compensation Money (Application) Order'
- C.M.I.O. = 'Compensation Money (Investment) Order'
- O.A.A. = 'Order Amending Award'
- S.M.D.A. = 'Surplus Money Disposal Award'
- D.A. = 'Drainage Award'
Board of Agriculture and Fisheries, 1903-1919
Copyhold, Inclosure and Tithe Commission, 1851-1882
Land Commissioners for England, 1882-1889
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, 1919-1955
Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, 1955-2001
Found an error? Suggest a correction to help improve our descriptions.
Users have not yet tagged this record
Use the form below to include your knowledge of this record. If your description includes any citable references, please add these to the "Citable References?" field on the right, remebering to seperate each reference with a comma, for example (FO 176/1/1, FO 178/2/1, and so on...)
- MAF Records created or inherited by the Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Departments, and...
- Records of Land Tenure, Enclosure, Copyhold and Tithes, and Land Use and Improvement
- MAF 2 Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Departments, and related bodies: Various Awards and Orders